Converting Rows to Headers

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Fri Feb 12 08:43:50 PST 2010

In circumstances where employers expect/demand more productivity from
fewer workers working longer hours and are professionals not on hourly
pay, there's no "please, I want some more from you," it's just "I want
more or else."

The roll of FrameMaker productivity plug-ins is not endless. Most give
a big bang for their reasonable prices, and, if your department has a
lot of users (rarer-and-rarer these days,) most have reduced-price
quantity licensing.

Compare the cost of the basic handful of plug-ins to time saved -
either in employee cost to employer, or in reduced stress, or in fewer
unpaid overtime hours needed, or in hours of family time and rest
gained, it's so positive a gain that, if anything, employers should be
happy to buy them for their workers.

BTW, Rick, IMO, no need to apologize for honoring the tradition of the
American entrepreneurial spirit - invent something of value and sell
it to those it matters to; reinvest some of the profit in inventing
more valuable stuff.

Regards,

Peter