FM8 > RH7 Integration: Character Format for Autonumber Text

CDMiller grammatophile at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 08:46:41 PST 2010

I have integrated several projects using FM8 as source and added by
reference to RH7.

In the source, we insert tables using formats that automatically include a
graphic and generated text. For example, One cell contains a graphic, the
next cell contains the word Note, which is generated because the cell has a
format that includes an autonumber. This autonumber (the word Note) has
assgined to it a character format itself.

My problem is the following: when I add by reference the FM8 project to RH7,
the character format for the autonumber is translated by RH into text, with
formatting that I do not want - i.e., it strips out the boldfacing. This
occurs, even though I have mapped the character formatting and defined
the character format in the appropriate .css style sheet for the RH
project. Therefore, when the WebHelp is viewed, the font for the autonumbner
text varies, depending on the default font settings of the browser.

There are other circumstances involved in this, but this gives the general
idea of the problem.

Does anyone know why this might be happening or how to provide a workaround?

C Miller