Table Cell Sizes

LW White lwwhite5 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 18 07:14:06 PST 2010

Hi Brenda,

As far as I know, Frame cannot dynamically resize table cells based on their contents. This would be a difficult thing to accomplish and could easily result in extremely wide table cells if there were no manual returns in the text of a cell. You can either set a table's exact width and specify an exact width for each column or you can set proportional widths for the table and each column (n%), but not dynamic widths. It would be great if such a thing were possible--especialy in translated text which can be significantly longer than English and thus wrap very oddly in table columns set for the width of the English text. Unfortunately, I am unaware of any way this can be done, either in Frame or in XML/HTML. It might just be possible with XSLT, using some kind of character count, but it would be complicated and quite ad hoc.

Best,
Leigh

--Forwarded Message Attachment--