Printing Photoshop gradient in Frame

Scott White swhite at alamark.com
Fri Feb 19 06:41:29 PST 2010

I have this client who is trying to print a PDF created from Framemaker to her network printer. She is stating that the pantone color is too dark or not true. It looks fine as a non gradient using the colors that you can set up within frame. Is there something else I can tell her do? Frame 9.0 Windows XP SP3.

See her note:
Scott,

When I do the header directly in Framemaker and use the custom Pantone 216 that we set up while you were here, then print it, it comes out correctly.  When I do the graphic with a 216 background in Photoshop then import it into Framemaker then print it, it comes out extremely dark.  I am doing pdfs already in both cases.

Any help would be appreciated.

Scott White
Media Production & EBC Manager
Implementation Coordinator