FM > RH Integration: FM Autonumber Character Format Not Converted Correctly by RH

CDMiller grammatophile at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 13:23:39 PST 2010

I will try this again, this time with a bit more info.

I have a style that includes text entered by autnumbering. The autonumber
text has a character format.

When integrated with RH, the autonumber text becomes editable but retains
its text characteristics from the character format.

However, I need to have it transformed by the .css to a different font,
Arial. (In RH, the character format comes across as FM_UITEXT; the FM of
which indicates that FM does not know how to format the style.)

Because the text comes across with the original FM font, RH turns it to
Times Roman, so when I generate WebHelp the browser picks up the font as
that as well. This makes the text inconsistent with the rest of my online
help.

I have tried to define the character format in fmstyles.css with the
following two styles, which do not work:

SPAN.UIText {
    font-family: Arial, sans-serif;
    text-transform: none;
    vertical-align: baseline;
    color: #000000;
    font-style: Regular;
    font-weight: 900;
    font-size: 10.000000pt;
    text-decoration: none;
}

and just:

Emphasize.UIText {
    font-family: Arial, sans-serif;
    text-transform: none;
    vertical-align: baseline;
    color: #000000;
    font-style: Regular;
    font-weight: 900;
    font-size: 10.000000pt;

    text-decoration: none;
}

Has anyone seen this problem and perhaps fixed it or come up with a
workaround?

Charles Miller