Indesign VB Scripting [was FrameMaker vs. InDesign book files]

David Spreadbury dspreadb at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 28 10:09:08 PST 2010

Chris,
According to the document at
http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/products/indesign/scripting/pdfs/in
design_cs3_scripting_tutorial.pdf the answer is yes, InDesign can handle
VBScripts.

Excerpt:
The Scripts panel can run compiled or uncompiled AppleScripts (files with
the file extension .spt, .as, or .applescript), JavaScripts (files with the
file extension .js or .jsx), VBScripts (files with the extension .vbs), or
executable programs from the Scripts panel.

If you are using the CS4 version, try
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/indesign/pdfs/indesigncs4_scriptingtutorial.pdf.

HTH,

David Spreadbury