Sorting Order

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Tue Jan 5 05:25:30 PST 2010

Hi Darren,

I would use a FrameScript solution to do this. It would consist of two
parts.

1) A script would insert markers at each paragraph. Each marker would
contain the number, but with the numbers padded out with zeros. For example,
the markers would be:

Then you would create an Alphabetical Marker List of the specified marker
type. Then, a companion script would quickly strip the leading zeros from
the resulting list document. The scripts could be triggered automatically
whenever you update the book. Clean, easy, and error-free. If you are
interested in a solution like this, please contact me offlist. Thank you
very much.

Rick

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
585-659-8267
rick at frameexpert.com
www.frameexpert.com

http://www.frameexpert.com/peace/

Hello FrameManiacs,

Using a template, I am sorting an APL list via the paragraph number, the
results are as follows:

I need this:

Suggestions? I'd like to be able to use one paratag and somehow set the
order in the APL template reference page.

Thanks!!!
Darren

Darren J Butler
TDSS Technical Writer/Editor