How to find "Unavailable Fonts"

Syed.Hosain at aeris.net Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Sun Jan 10 20:31:54 PST 2010

Hi, all.

I am getting stumped with something I thought would be simple (has been
so in the past).

A contact sent me a book (in FM 7 format) that I am attempting to read
into FM 8 ... to fix a page numbering and contents/index problem.

Whenever I open two of the files in the book, I get an "Unavailable
font" message on the console (saying that ArialMT is not available and
Arial will be used in its place - this is after I tell it to read in the
file and substitue).

So, I do so, and then save the file ... but it happens again on the very
next file open! Of course, I am unable to regen the contents and index
pages since "a font is unavailable".

I saved those two files in MIF format and searched for "FFamily" and
only see the following unique entries for font familes:

<FFamily `Arial'>
<FFamily `AvantGarde'>
<FFamily `Courier'>
<FFamily `Courier New'>
<FFamily `Helvetica'>
<FFamily `Palatino'>
<FFamily `Tahoma'>
<FFamily `Times'>
<FFamily `Times New Roman'>
<FFamily `ZapfDingbats'>

The MIF file does not even have the ArialMT entry to fix permanently!

What am I overlooking and how do I solve this issue?

Thanks,