Possible Solution for Color Definition Cleanup

Orly Zimmerman orlyz at marvell.com
Sat Jan 16 11:18:26 PST 2010

HI Fred,
We found that if you save the file as MIF and open in FM7 that you can delete these unwanted  colors in the MIF file.But if you're using conditional tags, in FM8, the mixed tags will give mixed colors. I'm just hoping I never find two colors that mix to give white :)
BTW, this is true also with the Deleted, Inserted  and Hidden FM tags that FM gives the file when saving as FM7 and then re-opening in FM8 (they are used even if you don't use track changes) - you get some funny tags that you don't see in your conditional text dialog box, but do show on the bottom of the screen (where tag names are shown). This usually happens when the engineer used all tags for some text except his/her product tag. It can get weird in some places. I've written a bug about it to Adobe, but haven't seen any response.
Orly.

Orly Zimmerman
Technical Writer
CP Documentation