Crashing when saving as .xml

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Tue Jan 19 13:11:23 PST 2010

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 15:30:26 -0500, "Stamm, David-P45904"
<Dave.Stamm at gdc4s.com> wrote:

>Yes and no:  in our context, in both problematic files,
>and in other five files, the top-level elements have id
>attributes with values = <no value>.

And they still validated???  They shouldn't have;
that would be a bug in the validator.  In XML,
the ID attribute cannot be empty, and must start
with a letter (after which it can contain only
letters, digits, hyphens, and underscore).  You
can just make it "x", or else remove it entirely.

Also note that within any particular XML file,
IDs must be unique; it's OK for IDs in different
files to be the same.

HTH!