Even/Odd Page Layout Issue

Mike Wickham info at mikewickham.com
Wed Jan 20 05:37:21 PST 2010

> Note that the unselected option "Pages: x to x" lists First Page as 1 and
> Last Page as 4, so FM is acknowledging that there are actually 4 pages in
> this document - even though there should only be 2.

If I recall correctly, when you assign a custom master page to a page in a
document, and then delete the text on that page, FrameMaker doesn't delete
the custom master page. The empty page is left and will not be deleted by
changing the pagination settings. You have to use Special> Delete Pages to
manually remove those custom empty pages.

So if this was a document that was previously longer and had pages deleted,
that may be the cause of your issue.

Mike Wickham