Keyboard shortcut control for inserting a variable?

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Thu Jan 21 12:11:04 PST 2010

Hi, Tammy:

It's a good idea to mention when you're cross-posting to multiple fora.

You want a quick shortcut, hence you need to start with the Escape key
and a q. Because you want a variable, you need to p. <G> So the
shortcut is: Escape q p (tap and release each key in sequence, case
matters.) Then type the first few letters of the variable's name; when
you see it in the tag information area, in the lower-left area of the
status bar, press Enter/Return to insert the variable.

Other quickies: Escape q then:

p for paragraph catalog
c for character catalog
C for Conditional text tags

Search Google and FrameMaker help for lists of popular and useful shortcuts.

Also, siliconprairiesoftware.com's autotext is an inexpensive and
useful keystroke saver.

HTH

Regards,

Peter