OFF-Topic: ripped paper image

Ed hamonwry12 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 22 12:07:52 PST 2010

Sounds like something you'd want to do using either Photoshop or the GIMP.
You can download some Photoshop brushes from places like deviantart.com that
look like ripped paper.

Creativepro.com is also doing a weekly column called "free for all"
http://www.creativepro.com/article/free-all-something-everyone that often
features photoshop brushes. I believe they are supported in the GIMP (which
is a free, open-source tool), but I'm not certain.

Hope this helps,
-=Ed.