Cross-reference formatting, Part 2

Jenny Greenleaf alicemerry at comcast.net
Thu Jan 28 16:24:06 PST 2010

Interesting idea, Matt,

I set up a simple test, and the answer is no, it doesn't hold the format.

I changed one of the link formats to have no character formatting at all. Applied the cross-reference. Term was happily in small caps. Updated the book, and WHAM, it's back to normal case.

I also tried taking the variable out and just setting the term in small caps in the referenced text. In this case, the small caps didn't appear in the cross-reference.

Next, I used a small caps character style on the text. It made a small-caps cross-reference, but then lost the formatting on an update.

Oh well, at least i know about it now and can go find and fix, then PDF quickly. I also had to turn off automatic updating, as it would hose the formats just on printing to PDF.

Jenny