Grayscale Images are RGB

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 29 08:59:47 PST 2010

At 09:58 -0800 28/1/10, Dov Isaacs wrote:

>On the Macintosh, real grayscale TIFF came out into PostScript and hence PDF as grayscale. Other than for EPS, this never happened on Windows prior to FrameMaker 9 "save as PDF" without the RGB option.... Quite frankly, if you really need to worry about critical color and graphic arts issues and
>don't need certain FrameMaker creature comforts and structured document features, you might consider migrating to InDesign.

I have been following this thread with a certain amount of slack-jawed wonder. A précis seems to be 'Mac FrameMaker did color right, Windows FrameMaker doesn't and may never'.

Draw your own conclusions. I doubt whether Scott's looking forward to migrating his client's catalogs, with thousands of pages and millions of images, to InDesign.

--
Steve