Difference Between Save As and Print to Adobe PDF

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 09:51:22 PST 2010

First, the disclaimer: I haven't used 7 for much of anything for a
couple of years, and beyond some initial playing with SaveAs PDF in 7
(which didn't turn out well), I standardized on Printing to the
logical printer.

What I understand about SaveAs, though, is that although you can pick
a Job Option, the embedded SaveAs code basically holds the trump cards
and sets its own options, which can over-ride the Distiller options.
So maybe your job options will be fully used... but there isn't an
easy way to determine what the program is actually doing. I think
there are some more exhaustive analysis of SaveAs either in the
archives (if they're up) or in the Adobe FM user-to-user forum.

Art

Art Campbell
               art.campbell at gmail.com
                                                      No disclaimers apply.