Can anyone tell me how to turn off automatic updates for Frame 9 and Acrobat Pro 9

Jay Sokolovsky beercan34 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 17:06:10 PST 2010

Greetings,

Can anyone tell me how to turn off automatic updates for Frame 9 and Acrobat
Pro 9

I just signed up here, though the web site is down and I am not sure exactly
how this works.  It was recommended to me by a serious Frame expert  :>))

I have used Frame 6 & 7 for several years.  I probably only used 10% of the
program, but that got me through about 5 detailed, lengthy books.  6 was
enough for me, but increasingly I wanted faster computers.  I avoided Vista,
but could not avoid Windows 7 64 bit.  Frame and Acrobat ran, but not their
printer drivers.  So I was forced to upgrade to version 9 on both programs.

The first thing I need is to be able to turn off Adobe automatic updates for
both.  I have several reasons for not liking automatic updates, but in this
case that program makes my mouse go crazy, requiring a cold boot at the end
to return the mouse to normal, even if the update required no re-boot.

I was sadly disillusioned about my supposed 120 days of free technical
support from Adobe.  That lead to the Indians and a lot of musak.  After
playing 20 questions with the door-keeper, I waited another 20 minutes and
no one came back on line.  If I want to eat, I can't spend all day listening
to musak.  Frustrating.

Best   Jay