FM9 Newbie looking for best self training tools

Jim Collins jim at jcwrite.com
Mon Jul 12 08:22:34 PDT 2010

I do not have the book from Scriptorium for Frame 8 but based on the great
reviews it always gets here in this list, I strongly recommend it.

Everyone goes through a fairly long learning curve with Frame - probably an
indication of how powerful it is. It took me several weeks to get
comfortable with it too (7.0) even with the help of a friend who had been
using it for years.

Though it is undoubtedly better to get the newest book on Frame 8, if you
can find a cheap copy of FrameMaker 7 - The Complete Reference (also by
Sarah O'keefe), it is my current reference and so far has covered any
questions I have while trying to use Frame 9 (unstructured).

Jim

Jim Collins
JC Write
jim at jcwrite.com