Preventing a text frame from containing text from next page

LW White lwwhite5 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 19 10:38:31 PDT 2010

Verner,

It sounds as though the list of markers on the front page does not fill up the front page so that the subsequent text simply flows after it, which is expected behavior. The simplest thing to do is to reduce the size of the text frame on the front page (not on the master page, but on the body page itself) to force the text following the list onto the back page. You'll have to do this each time you update the book and reapply master pages, of course.

If you want a less ad hoc solution, then you might consider setting up your front and back pages with separate text flows so that the back page text cannot flow into the front page frame.

Alternatively, if the back page text is fixed, you might simply add it to the back
master page as boilerplate text in a background flow so that it never runs
 onto the front page.

Best,
Leigh

--Forwarded Message Attachment--