Too much right-hand padding of text inside table cells

Avraham Makeler amakeler at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 13:49:50 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I am having a problem with right-hand padding of text inside table cells.

I am editing an API reference guide, and some of the software object names
are 5 inches long (measured in Arial 8 pt at 100% zoom on a 21" 1600x1200
monitor).

The problem is that I am consistently getting an approx. 7 mm padding (at
the above cell width of 5 inches), which is way too much space to go to
waste when the column is already that wide; and I do need space for a
further couple of columns.

I have set to zero the cell margins in both the Paragraph Designer and Table
Designer, but I still have the same problem.

Ideas?

TIA

- avi