Embedding sound files in Frame8 docs

Writer generic668 at yahoo.ca
Tue Jul 20 13:55:59 PDT 2010

You can import it as an OLE Object in FM8 as a wav file. I don't know how to get it to output to PDF.

From the FM online help:

Embedding with OLE

You can use OLE to embed text or graphics in a FrameMaker document. Embedded material retains its association with the application that created it (but does not retain a dynamic link to its source document). This lets you double-click an embedded object to open the object in the application that created it. Be sure to use an application that supports OLE as a server to create the object you want to embed.

You can also embed multimedia objects such as video or movie files (.avi or .mov files) and sound files (.wav files).

To embed only part of a file with OLE:

1. In its own application, open the file and copy the part you want to embed.

2. In FrameMaker, click where you want to embed the text or graphics, and choose Edit > Paste Special.

3. Click Paste, select a format for the object (look for a format that starts with "embedded"), and then click OK.

To embed a whole file with OLE:

Click where you want to embed the text or graphics and choose File > Import > Object. You can then embed a new, empty file, or specify an existing one.

Nadine