Flakey cross references

Dr Rick Smith rick at cryptosmith.com
Wed Jul 21 06:09:29 PDT 2010

Keep in mind that there are two parts to every cross reference: the text that refers, and the text referred to. You need both files open to create a cross reference and you must save BOTH files to preserve the cross reference.

As far a I know, you can't create a cross reference to a read-only file. But honestly, I've never seriously tried.