Circular text flow?

Wed Jul 21 07:13:21 PDT 2010

Writer wrote:

> Someone suggested I look at the recent "imposition" thread.
>
> I'm surprised that this format is this hard in FM since it's a DTP tool (I
> can do it easily in Word, I'm loathe to admit). No wonder it's called an
> imposition.
>
> http://lists.frameusers.com/pipermail/framers/2010-July/020732.html
>
> Nadine

<snip>

It's not hard to do if you start from scratch. I suspect you got a "circular flow" warning message because when you began creating your layout, text frames 4 and 1 were already connected.

That said, if you have Acrobat (or a physical printer with a booklet option), which will do the imposition for you, don't do it in FM. In FM, define the pages to be the finished page size (5.5 x 8.5, if your booklet will be created from folded US letter pages). That way, you're not dealing with that weird text flow jump from the second page back to the first, and if you end up having to expand to 6 or 8 pages instead of 4, you're not tearing your hair out. :-)

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom