FM 9 and the Pending Marker

Alison Craig Alison.Craig at ultrasonix.com
Wed Jul 21 10:54:57 PDT 2010

I was noodling around on the web yesterday and came across various posts (with various dates) of an article by Dr. Ugur Akinci on FM's "Pending" Marker option, eg,:

http://www.technicalcommunicationcenter.com/2009/02/22/technical-writing-how-to-use-the-pending-marker-in-framemaker/

The problem is, "Pending" doesn't seem to be one of the Markers available in FM9. I could always create my own "Pending" Marker but I wondered if I was simply missing something. Does anyone know if this Marker has been removed in the latest versions of Frame?

Alison

PS: Strangely enough, neither the FM9 PDF manual nor the Scriptorium Unstructured FM8 PDF manual seem to have a complete list of the Markers available in the product. They talk about specific ones when appropriate to a specific topic, but they don't include a definitive list (unless it's hiding under a title that doesn't contain the words "Marker Type").

Alison Craig, Technical Writer
Ultrasonix Medical Corporation
Tel: (604) 279-8550, ext 127
E-mail: alison.craig at ultrasonix.com<mailto:alison.craig at ultrasonix.com>