Flakey cross references

Wed Jul 21 19:02:53 PDT 2010

My apologies to Steve if this came across as rude. I usually remember to review for snippiness before sending, but my microwave was beeping at me. :-)

Nonetheless, I stand by my points. And I remembered another reason xrefs can unexpectedly break. If you cut and paste text containing an xref marker, FM retains the marker, so the xrefs to it will find the text's new location. But if you _copy_ and paste, FM is clever enough to eliminate the marker so that you don't have duplicate "unique" markers. So, if you're the belt-and-suspenders type who first copies and pastes, and then goes back and cuts the original -- oops, broken xrefs.

Richard