Open Framemaker-Mac-Files on Windows

boenat at gedok.com boenat at gedok.com
Fri Jul 23 07:31:57 PDT 2010

Hi, there,

we here were working as long as possible with our
old Framemaker 7 on the mac. Adobe got us on the
wrong foot with discontinuing Framemaker on the
mac... :-(

But now our clients are drivin' us to move more
and more projects to Frame 8 and 9 on Windows.
Now we have the problem, that all the old manuals
in greek, eastern europe, turkish and cyrillic
fonts are using the mac coding (Frame 7 was not
able to use Unicode).

How can we open them on Windows and get there the right coding?

I've searched the Internet and the Frame-Forum
but could not find anything helpful. And the
Adobe Help Forum is a little like the Help
Function in Microsoft programs: you never gets
anything related to your question...

Thanks in advance,

André

--