Frame on the Mac

Whites whitefamily at mac.com
Sat Jul 24 08:52:55 PDT 2010

On Jul 24, 2010, at 6:50 AM, Dr Rick Smith wrote:

> In any case, let me ask how others are running PC versions of Frame on the Mac. For a while I wondered why so many people still use Frame 7, but I assume it's because lots of people still run it on a Mac.

Not the case. I use Frame 7 on a PC and a Mac for personal stuff.

I prefer Frame 7 because I find the Frame 9 interface cloying, annoying, a strain on the eyes and harder to use.

I presume the new FM9 look and the pods were designed by fashionable people in Adobe marketing and corporate graphics with little or no user feedback before it was dumped on the market.

I realize that SW companies need a revenue stream.  I would be much happier paying an annual fee for using solid SW (even after purchasing it) rather than endure new releases with added features of marginal value and tarted up interfaces.

This remark holds for MS as well as Adobe.

Will White - obviously disaffected FM9 user

Frink: Well, sure, the Frinkiac-7 looks impressive, don't
           touch it, but I predict that within 100 years, computers
           will be twice as powerful, 10,000 times larger, and so
           expensive that only the five richest kings of Europe will
           own them.
Apu:   Could it be used for dating?