[framescript-users] OT: File Permissions

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Wed Jun 16 08:18:25 PDT 2010

Hi, Rick.

One other possibility ... I use "Beyond Compare 3" from http://www.scootersoftware.com/ for disk-to-disk transfers and compares, etc. I _really_ like this tool a lot and use it quite often for manual backups - I bought three licenses for my two personal and one work computer. As I recall, there is a trial version which gives you limited usability that allows you determine if it suits your task or not, but I am not entirely sure of this.

Beyond Compare 3 can be "run as Administrator" and then it will handle the access denied problem without difficulty - assuming it is a permissions issue, of course. If the drive is bad, then ... :(

Also, I would recommend your friend get a backup program that regularly copies files to an external USB disk - they are ultra cheap nowadays (TigerDirect had a 1.5G external for under $100 recently! Then computer failures are not an issue - the files are available in a form that can be easily read in elsewhere.