missing font substitutions not being corrected with paste special of para format

Mon Jun 28 10:37:52 PDT 2010

Bill Swallow wrote:

> Odd issue here...
>
> My client has a series of files in which a bullet paragraph format was
> altered due to missing fonts. On a system with the fonts installed,
> other files display the bullet fine but these files still show the
> substitution, even when the paragraph style is copied from the working
> file into the messed up file. I have always recalled this fix working
> in the past. Any insight?
>
> Using FM 9.

If I'm understanding the situation correctly, the pgf format's font was permanently changed (on the client's PC, Remember Missing Fonts wasn't turned on, so a permanent substitution took place). In that case, it's not enough to copy in a correctly defined pgf or even update the pgf format. The incorrect font will remain as a format override on the existing pgfs.

On the PC with the correct font, import formats from a file that has the correct pgf definition, and under While Updating, Remove make sure you select Other Format/Layout Overrides.

HTH!

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.