Problem converting book to HTML

Karen Robbins karendesign at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 17:23:06 PDT 2010

Hello Framers,

I am converting to html a 650-page book composed of 9 files. Although
I love all the fancier tools out there, I am limited by budget,
learning curve, and time to FrameMaker's (8) own html converter.
Despite its limits, it has always worked--I need only simple output
to which I apply CSS after the fact. I have done this successfully
several times before.

I have updated my HTML and book mapping reference pages in the first
file of the book. The conversion begins and generates about 40 html
pages correctly, then skips the largest file (the 600-page one), and
generates the last html file. If I attempt to convert the big file on
its own, I get a blank html file.

No error messages appear. Frame appears to open and save each file as
it reads them, including the big one. I have checked, and the big
file does begin with the A flow. Any ideas on where else to look for
problems, or some possible fixes?

Thanks very much,

Karen Robbins