Problem converting book to HTML

Mon Jun 28 19:28:04 PDT 2010

Art Campbell wrote:

> Download the free eval version of MIF2Go and see if it works. www.omsys.com
>
> Or, try cutting your massive file into more, smaller files and see if that
> helps. I'm guessing it may be a resource issue and either your system or
> Frame is choking on the big file.....

I'll second both of Art's suggestions. Especially if you need only simple HTML, Mif2Go may come pretty close out of the box, with very little tweaking / learning curve needed.

But whether you try Mif2Go or stick with FM's HTML mapping, I'd strongly suggest rethinking that one humongous file. Why would you divide 50 pages up among 8 files and then put 600 pages in one file? You're just asking for resource issues, and it's just not necessary, no matter how your book is organized. Break that file up into more manageable pieces.

Oh, by the way -- you did import your updated reference pages from the first file to all the other files, including the big one, right?

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom