Customizing page numbering

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 05:38:06 PST 2010

OK, you didn't provide many details on your setup, but if you're doing
something where the back of the numbered page is actually 34, but in
the book it's blank... you could do this:

Start with the current page number variable for the visible page, as
you have it.

On the blank page, put a paragraph tag that you set up so the font is
white, so it won't be visible. Then insert the current page number
variable as the tag's content. Note that it needs to be in a body text
flow, but you can create a small text frame for a B text flow to hide
it, and so that it won't move with pagination changes.

Back on the "visible" page, put in a cross-reference to the hidden
paragraph tag, and specify <$paranumonly> as the contents of the
cross-ref format.

Art Campbell
               art.campbell at gmail.com
                                                      No disclaimers apply.