Slightly OT: optimal PC for TCS2 / CS3 use

David A Starr dastarr at ra.rockwell.com
Fri Mar 5 10:12:50 PST 2010

A semiconductor drive (RAM vs magnetic disk) will turbocharge the system
at about the same price as the TB drive.
You may not have room for files that should have been archived long ago -
but it will bootup in seconds, not minutes.

Dave S.

quills at airmail.net
Sent by: framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com
03/04/2010 04:06 PM

framers at lists.frameusers.com
cc

Subject
Re: Slightly OT: optimal PC for TCS2 / CS3 use

Optimal will be a Core-duo 2.66MHz or 3 and above.
If you are running Win 7 which you should rather than Vista, try to go
for 64-bit. 32-bit will work fine. Max your RAM 4 GB would be good,
though with 64-bit you could actually use more. And a humongous hard
drive. Look for 1 TB as a good working arrangement.

Scott

On 3/4/10 2:23 PM, Rene Stephenson wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have PCs that at first blush look quite adequate to meet the system
requirements spec'd by Adobe for TCS2: P4 (single core) 3.2GHz w/ 3GB RAM
running WinXP. However...in reality, dealing with TCS2 and docs that are
hundreds of pages long and chock full of graphics, there is significant
wait time even just to page-down through the file, generate the book, make
a PDF, etc... and there are frequent crashes and lock-ups. I think the
minimal specs usually are intended for the most basic ability to run the
given program at all. However, I don't find anywhere any recommendations
for optimal performance. Does anyone have any...?

http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/quills%40airmail.net