FrameScript/ script to convert mif>fm

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Mon Mar 8 14:14:09 PST 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Syed Zaeem Hosain
(Syed.Hosain at aeris.net) <Syed.Hosain at aeris.net> wrote:
> If all you are doing is renaming the file, then just open a Command Prompt window, go to the directory and do a "rename  *.mif  *.fm" and that will handle them all.
>
> Of course, make a backup of the files into another directory first! :)

I don't have FrameMaker handy to verify my memory, but I believe that
opening a MIF file requires the file to be saved, regardless of the
extension. Opening a genuine FM file that was converted from a MIF
with a utility like dobatch or dzbatcher, doesn't require the file to
be saved unless the user performs a change in the opened file, or the
file has cross-references to other files, and the file is set to check
such external cross-references when the file is opened.

HTH

Regards,

Peter