PDFs corrupted by PDF Commenting

Joseph Lorenzini panopticon23 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 19:42:11 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I've run into a somewhat odd problem with PDF commenting. Here's how I have
developers review my documents.

1. Generate PDFs from framemaker.
2. Enable PDFs for commenting in acrobat reader
3. Make PDFs accessible to all stakeholders on a network share.

Recently, several people have complained that when they try to make comments
in the PDF, the PDF becomes corrupted and they can't use it anymore. I am
using TCS 2.0. I have acrobat professional pro extended v9.3.1. I know some
users have slightly older versions. One user has acrobat reader 9.2.1. Is it
possible that this versioning difference is causing this problem? Has anyone
else encountered something like this? If so, how did you address it? I am
planning on requesting that everyone update to the latest version of acrobat
reader. However, I am surprised that such a slight difference in version
would cause such havoc.

Sincerely,
Joseph Lorenzini