Landscape Tables in a Portrait Style Book

Alison Craig Alison.Craig at ultrasonix.com
Mon Mar 22 13:28:15 PDT 2010

Fred:

Remember, I'm a newbie (to FM anyway) so I'm using it the way the consultant set it up.

My instructions to him were that the Table title had to be before the table and it had to include the Chapter/Appendix number. The table could also start with no indent or with a 10mm or 23mm indent, depending on the heading level under which it fell.

So I'm using what was designed for me.

As an additional note, there are times when a table actually has more than one title as this is a conditional book used to create 4 different user manuals. Because of differences in hardware technology on the Ultrasound systems, the table might describe similar things but be called something slightly different (eg, some controls are on a touch screen but another system has actual mechanical buttons that do the exact same thing).

If there is an easier/better way to handle things I am open to change - when my schedule permits (I am a department of one).

Alison

Alison Craig, Technical Writer
Ultrasonix Medical Corporation
Tel: (604) 279-8550, ext 127