Odd Numbering Scenario

Joseph Lorenzini panopticon23 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 08:02:06 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I am experiencing an odd problem with numbering. I have two types of chapter
numbers: appendices and regular chapters. The appendices are numbered by
letters (A, B, C, D) and the regular chapters are numbered numerically
(1,2,3).

L:<n+>.<n=0>< =0>< =0>< =0>< >< >< >< >\t
A:Appendix <A+>:< =0>< =0>< =0>< =0>< >< >< >< >

In all my books, I have all frame files set to "Continue Numbering from
previous chapter in book". Since they are different number series, they
shouldn't affect one another and in all but one of my books they do not. In
one of my books it seems to matter and I don't know why. My first appendix
starts at "D" instead of "A". Its as if as there's two appendices preceding
this first framemaker file but I know there is not. Any ideas on what's
going on? I can do a quick fix by simply restarting the chapter number on
that file but I am curious as to why this would occur in the first place.

Thanks,
Joseph Lorenzini