Splash Screen

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 24 11:56:50 PDT 2010

Joel wrote:

> I found six or seven instances of the maker.ini file on my PC. Three
> of them had the splash screen line, the others didn't. I changed all
> of the splash screen lines to "on" and the screen is now gone. It's
> hard to understand why Adobe doesn't simply have a check box on the
> screen to turn it off like most applications.

Well, it may not be on the splash screen itself, but there is a checkbox item to turn off the splashscreen. (Or at least there is in FrameMaker 8--I don't have FrameMaker 9, so I don't know if it's still available.) In FrameMaker 8, you use File>Preferences>General to open the Preferences dialog. The penultimate item in the User Preferences section of the dialog is "Don't show Welcome Screen".

-Fred Ridder