Splash Screen

rinch at Inficon.com rinch at Inficon.com
Wed Mar 24 12:22:30 PDT 2010

Fred wrote:

"Well, it may not be on the splash screen itself, but there is a checkbox
item to turn off the splashscreen. (Or at least there is in FrameMaker
8--I don't have FrameMaker 9, so I don't know if it's still available.) In
FrameMaker 8, you use File>Preferences>General to open the Preferences
dialog. The penultimate item in the User Preferences section of the dialog
is "Don't show Welcome Screen".

Nope - not there on my WinXP 9.0p250 FM9 version.

Adding the line "DontShowWelcomeScreen=On" in the Preferences section of
the maker.ini file in C:\Documents and Settings\Rinch\Application
Data\Adobe\FrameMaker\9 did the trick. though.

Richard