[framemaker-dita] ANN: Renaming DITA Map Topics

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Thu Mar 25 13:56:33 PDT 2010

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 08:44:22 -0400, "Rick Quatro" <frameexpert at truevine.net>
wrote:

>Your warning of duplicates and the potential of overwriting files convinced
>me to do more to ensure unique names. Now in semi-automatic mode, the script
>will warn you if there are duplicates in the spreadsheet. You will be
>required to have unique names before the script will update the DITA map and
>rename any topic files. Thank you very much for all of the help.

Thank *you* for handling that key issue so quickly
and so well, Rick!  We will start mentioning it in
the User's Guide as *the* safe way to get such names.

I note that this is FrameScript, and therefore works
only for those using Frame as their DITA editor.  That
is a shrinking population.  Have you considered doing
something similar for DITA in a more general way, so
that those using other editors (like oXygen) could
also use it?  The DITA user base is expanding fast,
and it can really use good toolmakers like you!  ;-)