Change color of interface

Sun Mar 28 21:03:44 PDT 2010

Lou Martindale wrote:

> Recently I upgraded from Frame 6 to Frame 9. I am having a lot of problems,
> both mental and physical, working with a gray screen. The icons and text
> seem to fade into the screen.  The document is in full living color, but
> the
> background (toolbar, pods, menu bar, status bar, etc.) are all in dull,
> drab, depressing gray. I'd like to change it to normal windows
> configuration. But how to do that is a mystery to me.

Check out Klaus Daube's Enhanced Toolbar for FM9 (http://www.daube.ch/docu/fmaker55.html). It's free, but requires the $25 MicroType ToolbarPlus Express (http://www.microtype.com/ToolbarPlus.html), which I highly recommend.

I'm still using FM7.2 for production work and haven't had a chance to try Klaus's Enhanced Toolbar for FM9, but it looks like it will help -- at least, it restores colors to the icons, which strikes me as a big improvement.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom