Change color of interface

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 29 06:41:56 PDT 2010

Lou Martindale wrote:

> Thanks to all who responded to my cry for help. I will follow up on all
> suggestions, but for a quick fix for short term I decided to try adjusting
> the UI brightness and it does make the toolbars, icons, etc. easier to read.
> I'll just try to ignore the grayness. Sure makes me wonder what was Adobe
> thinking when they choose gray as their cross platform corporate look.

I'm sure it relates to the fact that Adobe flagship products (which generate some 75% of their revenue if I remember the numbers from an Adobe annual report) are applications for generating and manipulating graphics and images, where you don't want the color of GUI elements to affect the perception of the colors of the graphics being worked on. GUI neutrality is necessary for those kinds of tools; and since it doesn't really matter for text-oriented apps, consistency won out.

-Fred Ridder