Wrong conditional text displaying when using FM Track Changes facility

Heidi Bailey HBailey at PLXTech.com
Tue Mar 30 02:47:46 PDT 2010

Hi all,

FM8p277, Windows XP.

I have a document with 3 conditions in: call them A, B and C for ease. I
add text with the Track Changes facility on, so that reviewers can see
what's new. I then apply the relevant conditions to relevant
words/numbers/sentences.

Then I set just condition A text to show, so that I can make a pdf file.
However, condition A and B text is showing! Condition C seems to behave
as you'd expect: the condition C text only displays when you set it to
show.
For example, a table cell has the entry 108.00, where condition A
applies to the 10 (so the entry for A should show 10.00) and condition B
applies to the 8 (so the entry for B should show 8.00). Instead it shows
108.00.

I checked that I had the right condition set to show, and that the text
only had the right condition applied. The problem persisted.

The only way I have found to eliminate the problem is to accept the
tracked change on the bits of text that don't behave as expected. The
conditions A and B remain on the text, and then display correctly when
set to show.

Anyone else seen this? Anyone got any suggested workarounds? My
reviewers would like to see which characters have changed, which is why
we use this rather than just change bars.

Thanks,

Heidi Bailey
Technical Author

Oxford Semiconductor, Ltd