Not seeing the right RED in PDFs

Bill Rost Bill.Rost at retalix.com
Wed Mar 31 13:59:04 PDT 2010

Working with FM 7.2 and Distiller 8

Our company uses a deep-red corporate color, and I've been using a
custom joboptions file for years to produce PDFs that have the right
RED. The color has always appeared in PDFs in FM graphics (such as lines
above paragraphs) consistent, and deep red.

I recently reloaded FM,  to cure issues not having to do with color, and
my PDFs are now displaying a brilliant red-orange where the deep red
used to appear. I'm assuming that the issue is with the joboptions, but
I could be wrong!

Here's what I've tried:

-          Replaced the Distiller joboptions  files with an earlier
version. (No difference)

-          On the Print Document window with selected as the printer,
I've gone to the Print Setup > Setup > Properties > Layout > Advanced >
and tried all of the ICM options. (No differences)

Something I find curious is that there are two places to set the
joboption in Print Document window. One is in Printer: Setup options and
the other is in PDF Setup. The custom joboptions were visible in one of
these and not visible in the other, so I added the joboption where they
were missing. But, nothing seems to produce the right RED.

All hints and ideas are readily accepted.

Thanks, Bill Rost