Using WebDAV server with Framemaker

Andre Russell (TT) Andre.Russell at tradingtechnologies.com
Wed May 5 08:54:29 PDT 2010

Our company is possibly getting rid of the tool we currently use for
source control and versioning. We have the option of migrating to a new
tool so we decided this may be a good time to investigate the Workgroup
Management functionality in Framemaker. We currently have a few writers
and do a small amount of single-sourcing and sharing content. We all
currently use Framemaker 8 in a Structured Authoring environment to
publish both .pdf and .html files. We have the ability to create our own
WebDAV server and develop our own system.

Just wondering if anyone has used the native document check-in/check-out
functionality in Framemaker. Is it worth using? Does this offer the
ability to manage version history? Is it difficult to migrate existing
content?

Thanks,

Andre