OT: capturing graphical user interfaces on LCD panels

Christopher Seal cseal at sympatico.ca
Thu May 6 11:42:53 PDT 2010

When writing user guides for PC or Mac software applications I can capture screen shots with no problem.

I have to write user guides for stand-alone terminals that use a pair of Samsung 4.8-in LCD 1024x600 panels p/n LMS480JC01 for their MMI.

Any suggestions on how to capture the user interface?

Some thoughts:

Photography? cannot because cameras are forbidden where I work.

Redraw in Visio? Lots of screens, would take a long time.

Add-on device, like a box with an input connector that can be clipped on to the LCD connector, a USB output to a computer, and a software application. I've done lots of searching and haven't found such as beast.