Question about flow and background text frames

Andy Kass akass at jaspersoft.com
Fri May 7 12:01:00 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I have unstructured FM 8, fully patched, on Vista.

I'm working on templates and having an issue with background text frames. What I'd like is for the Glossary and Index template files to have permanent headings, that is cannot be edited on the body pages.

After reading the help, it sounds like I need to put the heading in a background text frame on a First master page. But to make a background text frame, it must be untagged and unconnected, which means the heading it contains no longer shows up in my Table of Contents.

Does anyone know a workaround or another way to achieve this?

Thanks,

  Andy