Rely on system fonts only

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Wed May 12 10:41:55 PDT 2010

At 11:00 AM 5/12/2010, you wrote:
>These are for Windows XP, SP3. If Windows 7 is much different, maybe
>someone can revise these.

Wow, I had no idea I had to change it in TWO places. It's bad enough
that it seems to reset every time Adobe does an automatic update.
Here are the instructions for doing this in Windows 7:

1. Click Start-->Devices and Printers (can also be accessed from the
Control Panel).
2. Right-click the Adobe PDF icon.
3. Select Printing Preferences.
4. Select the Adobe PDF Settings tab.
5. Clear the box preceding "Rely on system fonts only; do not use
document fonts. Click OK.

6. Right-click the Adobe PDF icon again.
7. Select Printer Properties.
8. Select the Advanced tab.
9. Click the Printing Defaults... button at the bottom.
10. Select the Adobe PDF Settings tab.
11. Clear the box preceding "Rely on system fonts only; do not use
document fonts. Click OK twice.

12. Repeat when Adobe next does an automatic update.

Carol J. Elkins---A Written Word LLC
Making Information Understandable
Phone: 719-948-3773
mailto:celkins at awrittenword.com