Framemaker and the web

Klaus Daube frame at daube.ch
Wed May 12 13:57:54 PDT 2010

On 12 May 2010 at 9:22, Scott White wrote:

> 1)      Is there a Framemaker page to Flash option?
> 2)      Is there a way to embed a hyperlink on the Item Number so that we
> have active link from the Item Number to hook into our ordering system? 3)
>      Do you know how Framemaker incorporates with Adobe Scene 7?"

Dear Scott,

1) Why Flash? PDF allows to link to any place and call programs etc.
   Active links in PDF are prepared in FrameMaker as Hypertext Markers.
   Save As PDF works well in nearly all cases - if not, Printing to
   Adobe Printer and then distilling the PS file does the job also.

2) A Hyperlink Marker can be placed in any paragraph at any location
   (e.g. in front of an item number). The item with the link should bear
   a character format to create an active area.

3) I have no idea what Scene 7 is at all.

HTH
Klaus daube