Frame 8 bug

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Wed May 19 12:00:18 PDT 2010

I believe your belief is a misinterpretation of what is actually happening. If you have the network file locking feature turned on, there will be a .lck file for every file you open (not just the book file) exactly as Syed described.

But the point is that you do not need to put up with .lck files _at all_ unless your files are located on a shared network drive and unless there are other people who could potentially open some of those files at the same time that you are working on them without telling you. If the files are on your local system (i.e. are not accessible to other FM users), if they are in a content management or configuration management system, or if you are the only FrameMaker user at your company, there is no reason at all to have the network file locking feature turned on.

-Fred Ridder